WE ARE NOW IN OVER 100 SCHOOLS ACROSS NSW & VIC
Since 2011 Your Dream Inc has taken on a number of schools as a Funding Recipient under the National School Chaplaincy and Welfare Worker Program. We currently have workers in schools across both regional and metro NSW, which gives us a greater scope than most Funding Recipients.
Your Dream School Chaplaincy is now in New South Wales & Victorian schools. This new round of funding will run for 4 years (2015-2018) with some minor changes. Our team is ready to help serve your school and make the application as easy as possible. If your school has fudning but hasn't been able to find a chaplain, we can help you!
If you are interested in choosing us as your Funding Recipient please contact us on 1300 792 856 or email us at email@example.com
What's the program?
The National School Chaplaincy Program (NSCP) is a Department of Education (Federal and/or State) funded program which is available to all Australian schools to employ a School Chaplain in their school. The program offers each school a grant of $20,000 per annum over four years (2015-2018) with an additional $4,000 for those schools in remote areas. Under the funding, schools employ a School Chaplain who must complete 400 active hours.
What does the Chaplain do?
- work with existing programs/services in the school
- liase with school welfare team and counsellor
- work with local community groups/services
- participate in sports, camps, excursions and other activities
- mentor and support students identified with higher needs
- provide support for staff, students and parents
- assist with student-led activities
How does it work?
Below is a sample of the application process from start to finish. Once the school is approved and the chaplain registered, funding is released and the chaplain may commence.
STEP 1 - THE SCHOOL
- agrees to have a chaplain
- school applies for National School Chaplaincy Program funding through relevant state Education Department
- school nominates ‘Your Dream Incorporated’ as their funding recipient
- school can apply for the School Chaplaincy grant for next 3 years (2016-18)
STEP 2 - THE DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION
- the Department of Education (Federal and/or State) receives the school application
- school is informed of the funding outcome
- once approved funds are released to the funding recipient
STEP 3 - YOUR DREAM INC
- Your Dream Inc agrees to be the funding recipient for the school
- Your Dream Inc and the school sign Work Service Agreement
- Your Dream Inc starts recruitment and employment process
STEP 4 - YOUR DREAM INC & CHAPLAIN
- chaplain must meet minimum requirements set out by the Department of Education (Federal and/or State)
- Certificate IV in Youthwork or Pastoal Care or equivalent
- qualification must include the following two core units: CHCCCS016 - respond to clients needs & CHCMHS001 - Working with people with mental health
- apply and have cleared Working With Children Check and/or National Police Check
- signed Code of Conduct and work contract
- once all information collated Your Dream Inc registers worker
What does Your Dream Inc Do?
Your Dream Incorporated is recognised and authrosied under respective State Education Departments as a ‘School Chaplaincy Provider’ in NSW and as a 'School Chaplaincy Agency' in VIC under the NSCP.
We are mainly responsible for:
- registering the school and worker
- reporting finances to the Dept. of Education (Federal and/or State)
- recruiting potential workers
Additionally we provide all our workers with:
- individual/group training and support
- annual school seminar visits at a special discounted rate
- entry to our student leadership events
- monthly newsletters