Your Dream School Programs has grown from its humble beginnings of 4 schools in country NSW to now operating in 5 states and servicing over 200 schools nationally. We have workers serving student wellbeing needs in a variety of schools with initiatives such as group programs, mentoring and 1 to 1 support, food and meal programs, and many more services.
As an approved Provider / Agency under the National School Chaplaincy (NSCP) and other state-based Wellbeing funded programs, we service both regional and metro areas with services unequaled by any other Provider or Agency.
Our team is ready to help serve your school and its wellbeing needs. Schools are notified of successful funding applications directly by each State Department of Education. School Principals should contact their state office directly.
If your school has funding but hasn't been able to find a chaplain, we can help you!
Selecting our organisation as your school's Service Provider / Agency is easy.
Please contact us on
1300 792 856 or email us at email@example.com
What's the program?
The National School Chaplaincy Program (NSCP) is a Department of Education (Federal and/or State) funded program that is available to all Australian schools to employ a School Chaplain in their school. Under the funding, schools engage an authorised Provider/Agency to employ a School Chaplain who must complete up to 400 active hours per annum.
What does the Chaplain do?
Work with existing programs/services in the school
Liaise with school welfare team and counsellor
Work with local community groups/services
Camps, excursions, and other activities
Mentor and support students
Provide support for staff, students and school community
Assist with student-led activities
What does Your Dream Inc Do?
Your Dream Incorporated is recognised and authorised under respective State Education Departments as a ‘School Chaplaincy Provider or Agency’ in NSW, VIC, QLD, NT and SA under the Federal NSCP funding.
We are mainly responsible for:
Registering the school and worker
Reporting finances to the Dept. of Education
(Federal and/or State)
Recruiting potential workers
Additionally, we provide all our workers with Individual/group training and support
Why Are We Different?
Choosing Your Dream School Programs is easy and available to your school. Here are some of the reasons why schools choose our services:
1. NO ADDITIONAL COST Provider, operating within the allotted admin component of the provided funding.
2. Simple and no-fuss employment of workers for placement in your existing student wellbeing program.
3. ONLINE reporting system that gathers worker timesheets and stats for school wellbeing team.
4. Recruitment and checking of qualifications for a suitable candidate is part of our services, but the school has the final decision of 'School Chaplain'
5. Personalised support for school and workers with both remote and onsite support.
6. Annual onsite visits to the worker and School Welfare Team to evaluate and improve program outcomes.
7. If a school has purchased SPARC or our JUMP program we have program training and support for workers.
8. All insurances and relevant payroll administration is overseen by our administration staff.
How Does It Work
Below is a sample of the application process from start to finish. Once the school is approved and the chaplain registered, funding is released and the chaplain may commence.
STEP 1 - THE SCHOOL & SCHOOL COMMUNITY
- Agrees to have a chaplain
- School applies for National School Chaplaincy Program funding through relevant state Education Department
- School nominates ‘Your Dream Incorporated’ as their Provider/Agency
- School can apply for the School Chaplaincy grant for next 3 years (2020-22)
STEP 2 - THE DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION
- The Department of Education (Federal and/or State) receives the school application
- School is informed of the funding outcome
- Once approved funds are released to the funding recipient at the beginning of each school term
STEP 3 - YOUR DREAM INC
- Your Dream Inc agrees to be the funding recipient for the school
- Your Dream Inc and the school sign Work Service Agreement
- Your Dream Inc starts recruitment and employment process
STEP 4 - YOUR DREAM INC & THE FUNDED WORKER
- Chaplain must meet minimum requirements set out by the Department of Education (Federal and/or State)
- Certificate IV in Youthwork or Pastoral Care or equivalent
- Qualification must include the following two core units: CHCCCS016 - respond to clients needs & CHCMHS001 - Working with people with mental health
- Apply and have cleared Working With Children Check and/or National Police Check
- Signed Code of Conduct and work contract
- Once all information collated Your Dream Inc registers worker
New Applicant FAQ